Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Soldier's Monument in Freeport was erected in 1906 in remembrance of Civil War soldiers, and is dedicated "In Honor of Our Soldiers and Sailors, 1861-1865 and 1906." The statue is located in Soldier's Memorial Park on Bow Street.
About This Item
- Title: Soldiers' Monument, Freeport, ca. 1938
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Freeport
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Freeport Main Street Historic District (Freeport, Me.)
- Monuments & memorials--Maine--Freeport
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.