Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Auto Rest Park, Carmel, Maine, eleven miles west of Bangor." Pictured are a restaurant, carousel and cottages for overnight stays.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1930-1945.
About This Item
- Title: Rest stop, Carmel, ca. 1935
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Carmel
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.