Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Eagle Lake from Cadillac Mt. Road, Acadia National Park, Mt. Desert Island, Me." Eagle Lake is the largest fresh-water lake in Acadia National Park. It is popular for fishing and boating.
During the 1800s, a cog railway went between Eagle Lake and the summit of Cadillac Mountain.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1930-1945.
About This Item
- Title: Eagle Lake, Mt. Desert Island, ca. 1935
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Hancock County, ME
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Acadia National Park (Me.)
- Landscape prints
- Mount Desert island (Me.)
- Eagle Lake (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.