Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Entrance to Public Camp ground, Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Maine." This is most likely a view of one of the Civilian Conservation Corps built campgrounds in Acadia, either Blackwoods or Seawall. In the 1930s the CCC was established, set up two camps on Mount Desert Island, and worked within Acadia National Park building and maintaining trails and roads, building these two campgrounds and performing many other forestry tasks.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1930-1945.
About This Item
- Title: Campground, Acadia National Park, ca. 1935
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Hancock County, ME
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- National parks & reserves--Maine
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Acadia National Park (Me.)
- Tourist camps & hostels--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.