Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This Great Northern mill is in Millinocket, along the Penobscot River. The mill began construction in 1898 and three years later, the town of Millinocket incorporated.
About This Item
- Title: Great Northern Paper Co., Millinocket, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Millinocket
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Great Northern Paper Co. (Millinocket, Me.)--Photographs--Postcards
- Lumber industry
- Paper industry
- Penobscot River (Me.)--Photographs
- Paper mills--Maine--Millinocket
- Air pollution
- Great Northern Paper Co. (Millinocket, Me.)Great Northern Paper Co. (Millinocket, Me.)
- Nature, geography & animals
- Water pollution
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.