Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A crowded street scene with a Portsmouth, Kittery and York open trolley car in York Beach. The date is believed to be August 27, 1897, the day that the first trolley car ran in York Beach. Note the horses and carriages and the ladies with their bicycles.
About This Item
- Title: Street scene in York, ca. 1897
- Creation Date: circa 1897
- Subject Date: circa 1897
- Town: York Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Maine Trolley Album Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bicycles & tricycles--Maine--York
- Carts & wagons--Maine--York
- Electric railroads--Maine
- Portsmouth, Kittery and York Railroad
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.