Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
One of the mill buildings of the Great Northern Paper Company in Millinocket. Paper production is an important industry for the communities in Maine.
This image is part of the Wittemann collection which is a large set of photographs taken by members of the Wittemann family, made into postcards and sold in batches to businesses in Maine. The Wittemanns themselves were photographers, but they also bought the rights to photographs of local photographers to use for their postcards.
About This Item
- Title: Great Northern Paper Co., Millinocket, ca. 1940
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Location: Millinocket, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lumber industry--Maine
- Paper industry--Maine--Millinocket
- Great Northern Paper Co. (Millinocket, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.