Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Normal School roommates Liz and Muriel (last names unknown) pose in their white Arbor Day dresses at the Farmington State Normal School in 1917.
The first Arbor Day celebration was in 1886 and it soon became an annual tradition at the school. The ceremony, held on the second Friday in May, included a tree planting with the tree chosen by the graduating class.
About This Item
- Title: Arbor Day, Farmington State Normal School, 1917
- Creation Date: 1917-05-14
- Subject Date: 1917-05-14
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: 1917 Photo Album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Arbor Day--Maine--Farmington
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- University of Maine Farmington--History
- Arbor Day
- Farmington State Normal School
- University of Maine at Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.