Contributed by Eliot Baha'i Archives
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An advertisement for the Inn at Green Acre with pencil drawings of the Inn and the shore along the river, the Piscataqua.
The Inn began as the Eliot Hotel, but soon after opening the poet John Greenleaf Whittier renamed the Inn "Green Acre on the Piscataqua."
About This Item
- Title: Green Acre on the Piscataqua, Eliot, ca. 1891
- Creation Date: circa 1891
- Subject Date: circa 1891
- Town: Eliot
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photo negative
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Eliot Baha'i Archives
657 Goodwin Rd., Eliot, ME 03903
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Hotels and inns--Maine--Eliot
- Eliot Hotel
- Green Acre Baha'i School--History
- Baha'i Faith
- Green Acre on the Piscataqua (Eliot, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.