Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
These students are out for a winter walk on a Sunday afternoon. Students at F.S.N.S. were encouraged to be active and participate in outdoor activities to maintain their overall health. Walks and picnics were favorite pastimes.
Their destination was The Willows, a private school for girls in the early 1870s. It had been refurbished and opened as a hotel for a short time in the 1890s, but had been unoccupied for many years by 1917.
About This Item
- Title: Student outing, Farmington State Normal School, ca. 1917
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 6.5 cm
- Local Code: 1917 Photo Album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- University of Maine Farmington--History
- College students--Maine--Farmington
- Farmington State Normal School
- University of Maine at Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.