Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Informational pickets outside the Cumberland County Courthouse at Federal and Pearl Streets in Portland carried signs in favor of collective bargaining for county employees.
The members of the Cumberland County Deputy Sheriff's Association voted to set up the informational picketing in support of a collective bargaining bill before the Maine Legislature.
About This Item
- Title: Sheriff's Association pickets, Portland, 1981
- Creator: Willman, Eugene S.
- Creation Date: 1981-03-23
- Subject Date: 1981-03-23
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25.5 cm x 20.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 4/5
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.