Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Lawrence Carolan, 67 of Wiscasset painted "Vote No" across his house in Wiscasset to show his support for the Maine Yankee nuclear power plant in that town.
A referendum that would have closed the plant was defeated on September 23, 1980, just about a week after Carolan painted his house after he "had a few too many."
About This Item
- Title: Pro nuclear message, Wiscasset, 1980
- Creator: Willman, Gene
- Creation Date: 1980-09-18
- Subject Date: 1980-09-18
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 25.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 3/5
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.