Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
During her long career at Farmington State Normal School (later known as Farmington State Teachers College), Agnes Mantor was tasked with organizing the college's growing book collection and teaching library skills to students. In 1951, she became the official librarian.
She is shown here in the Edith Clifford Library, in Merrill Hall. In 1955, a new library was built and dedicated to Miss Mantor, "In view of her long service to the college."
About This Item
- Title: Agnes Mantor, Farmington State Normal School, ca. 1940
- Creator: Farmington State Teachers College
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 9 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mantor, Agnes P.--Commemoration
- United States. Works Progress Administration. Maine
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)--Faculty
- Universities and colleges--Faculty
- Women college teachers--Maine
- Women historians--Maine
- University of Maine at Farmington. Library
- Academic librarians--Maine
- Agnes Mantor
- Farmington State Normal School
- Farmington State Teachers College
- Mantor Library
- University of Maine Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.