Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 63693
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The railroad station is in the center of this picture with Daggett & Will Store to the left, Forster's toothpick mill behind and to the right, and the railroad turntable and maintenance shed at far right. The turntable was used to change the direction of an engine and tender for the next run.
About This Item
- Title: Railroad terminal area viewed from south, Strong, ca. 1908
- Creation Date: circa 1908
- Subject Date: circa 1908
- Location: Strong, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: ED.01.115.08a
- Collection: Ben Conant Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad
- Railroad yards--Maine--Strong
- Turntables (Railroads)--Maine--Strong
- Railroad stations--Maine--Strong
- Railroad shops & yards--Maine--Strong
- Wood products--Maine--Strong
- Lumber industry--Maine--Strong
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.