Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Rossini Club began in 1869 and was incorporated in 1871, including a membership of 35 vocalists and instrumentalists.
In 1921 it was recognized as the oldest women-only musical organization in the United States.
About This Item
- Title: Rossini Club concert program
- Creator: Rossini Club
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: Ephemera--Music concerts
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Women's clubs--Maine--Portland
- Rossini Club (Portland, Me.)
- Concert programs
- Kotzschmar Hall (Portland, Me.)
- Music societies--Maine--Portland
- Architecture, Buildings & Monuments
- Arts, literature & entertainment
- Classical music
- Organizations & Movements
- Recreation & Leisure
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.