Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An barber takes care of a prison inmate at the Thomaston State Prison about 1900.
The Maine State Prison was built in Thomaston in 1824.
About This Item
- Title: Maine State Prison barber, Thomaston, ca. 1900
- Creator: Allen, J. Henry
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Thomaston
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Stereograph
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Stereoviews--Thomaston
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine State Prison at Thomaston--Photographs
- Thomaston State Prison--Photographs--Stereographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.