Contributed by Swan's Island Educational Society
Listen to recording
Marion Stinson tells about being the piano player in a band on Swan's Island when she was growing up, ca. 1940.
The interview was created and produced by Meghan Vigeant in 2010.
About This Item
- Title: Marion Stinson band memories, Swan's Island, ca. 1940
- Creator: Stinson, Marion
- Creation Date: 2010
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Town: Swans Island
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Mp3
- Collection: Islanders at Play
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bands--Maine--Swans Island
- Dance parties--Maine--Swans Island
- Musicians--Maine--Swans Island
- Pianos--Maine--Swans Island
- Swans Island (Me.)--Personal narratives
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Educational Society
c/o Swan's Island Historical Society, POB 86, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.