Contributed by Swan's Island Historical Society
Listen to interview
Mike Holmes talks about some of the town activities both planned and spontaneous that occured during the Fourth of July celebrations when he was growing up on Swan's Island during the 1950s.
This interview was created and produced by Meghan Vigeant in 2010.
About This Item
- Title: Mike Holmes describes Fourth of July on Swan's Island during the 1950s
- Creator: Holmes, Mike
- Creation Date: 2010
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Location: Swan's Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Mp3
- Collection: Islanders at Play
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fourth of July
- Games--Maine--Swan's Island
- Holidays--Maine--Swan's Island
- Parades & processions--Maine--Swan's Island
- Personal narratives (Swan's Island, Me.)
- Recreation--Maine--Swan's Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Historical Society
PO Box 144, 9 North Rd, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.