Contributed by Swan's Island Historical Society
Ice skating was a popular winter activity on Swan's Island. People would ice skate on Mallye's Pond, Goose Pond or the Quarry Pond. This particular skating pond was located next to what was then the consolidated school.
About This Item
- Title: Skating on Mallye's Pond, Swan's Island, 1987
- Creation Date: 1987
- Subject Date: 1987
- Location: Swan's Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 36 cm
- Collection: Islanders at Play
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Ice skating--Maine--Swan's Island
- Skaters--Maine--Swan's Island
- Winter sports--Maine--Swan's Island
- Ponds--Maine--Swan's Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Historical Society
PO Box 144, 9 North Rd, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.