Contributed by Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
This is the cover of a concert program, given by the Haydn Association of Portland on June 26, 1883, which presented Schumann's Cantata "Pilgrimage of the Rose" for the second half.
Because that work lasted barely an hour, the first half of the program consisted of a chorus, a solo, a recitation, and a duet and a chorus.
This program is unique because the name of the major work is not mentioned on the cover page.
About This Item
- Title: 'Pilgrimage of the Rose' cover, Portland, 1883
- Creator: Haydn Association
- Creation Date: 1883-06-26
- Subject Date: 1883-06-26
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 14.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Choral programs
- Concert halls--Maine--Portland
- Concert programs
- Haydn Association (Portland, Me.)--Performances
- Music societies--Maine--Portland
- Pilgrimmage of the Rose (Music)--Choral programs
- Union Hall (Portland, Me.)--Concerts
- Architecture, Buildings & Monuments
- Arts, Literature & Entertainment
- Pilgrimmage of the Rose (Oratorio)
For more information about this item, contact:Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
PO Box 7455, Portland, ME 04112
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.