Contributed by Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
This program is from the Portland performance of Samson on December 15, 1880. The program notes, "Owing to the length of the Oratorio some of the numbers may have to be omitted."
While most programs of the Haydn Association did not list a starting time, this one states the program started at 8 p.m.
This oratorio was first performed in London on February 18, 1743. There were eight successful performances that season.
About This Item
- Title: Handel's 'Samson' program, Portland, 1880
- Creator: Haydn Association
- Creation Date: 1880-12-15
- Subject Date: 1880-12-15
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 22 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Concert programs
- Music societies--Maine--Portland
- Concert halls--Maine--Portland
- Union Hall (Portland, Me.)
- Samson (Oratorio)--Choral programs
- Haydn Association (Portland, Me.)--Performances
For more information about this item, contact:Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
PO Box 7455, Portland, ME 04112
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.