Contributed by Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
The Haydn Association sponsored a Portland performance of Handel's Joshua on Friday, December 22, 1882. The concert was given at Union Hall on Congress Street.
This program is unique because it unfolds from the top, rather than the left side, as usual.
This work was composed in 1747 and first performed in London's Covent Garden Theatre in 1748.
About This Item
- Title: Handel's 'Joshua' program, Portland, 1883
- Creator: Haydn Association
- Creation Date: 1882-12-22
- Subject Date: 1882-12-22
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Haydn Association (Portland, Me.)--Performances
- Music societies--Maine--Portland
- Concert programs--Maine--Portland
- Union Hall (Portland, Me.)
- Joshua (Music)--Choral programs
- Concert halls--Maine--Portland
- Architecture. buildings & monuments
- Arts, literature & entertainment
- Covent Garden
- Joshua (Oratorio)
- Organizations & movements
- This is the program from Handel's oratorio JOSHUA.
For more information about this item, contact:Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
PO Box 7455, Portland, ME 04112
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.