Contributed by Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
This is the cover page of Haydn's oratorio "Creation," performed in Portland on June 7, 1882. "Creation" was composed in 1799, and became an immediate success, rivaled only by Handel's "Messiah."
The concert was held at Union Hall in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Haydn's 'Creation' program, Portland, 1882
- Creator: Haydn Association
- Creation Date: 1882-06-07
- Subject Date: 1882-06-07
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Music societies--Maine--Portland
- Concert halls
- Hayden Assoc. (Portland, Me.)--Performances
- Union Hall (Portland, Me.)
- Creation (oratorio)--Choral programs
- Architecture, buildings & monuments
- Arts, literature & entertainment
- Choral Works
- Concert programs
- Organizations & movements
- Reed organists
For more information about this item, contact:Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
PO Box 7455, Portland, ME 04112
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.