Contributed by Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
This is the program from a complete performance of Handel's Messiah, given in Portland on Monday evening, April 23, 1883 by the Haydn Association.
The conductor was Hermann Kotzschmar and the pianist was Fannie E. Jordan.
About This Item
- Title: Handel oratorio program, Portland, 1883
- Creation Date: 1883-04-23
- Subject Date: 1883-04-23
- Local Name: Union Hall
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 16 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Concert halls
- Handel, George Frideric (1685-1759)
- Music societies--Maine--Portland
- Union Hall (Portland, Me.)
- Haydn Association (Portland, Me.)--Choral programs
- Concert programs
- Messiah (Oratorio)--Programs
For more information about this item, contact:Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
PO Box 7455, Portland, ME 04112
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.