Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
One span of steelwork remains to complete the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial bridge, connecting Lubec to Campobello Island. This photo from January or early February, 1962, shows steel approaching the center of the bridge from each end. The bridge was dedicated in the summer of 1962.
Prior to the construction of this bridge, travel to and from Campobello Island, New Brunswick was either by boat or air.
About This Item
- Title: Bridgework almost complete, Lubec, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962
- Subject Date: 1962
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 18
- Collection: Bernard Ross
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bridge construction--Maine--Lubec
- Bridges--Canada--New Brunswick
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Commemoration
- Bridge construction--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridges--New Brunswick
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Bridge
- Roosevelt Campobello International Bridge
- Roosevelt Memorial Bridge
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.