Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
This remarkable photograph from September 13, 1961 shows the fabrication of this equally spectacular bridge connecting two nations, here at the beginning of the longest international border in the world. The workers atop the I-beam provide a powerful sense of scale.
The Franklin D. Roosevelt bridge was completed and dedicated in 1962 and connects Lubec to Campobello Island, New Brunswick.
About This Item
- Title: Campobello Roosevelt Bridge construction, Lubec, 1961
- Creation Date: 1961-09-13
- Subject Date: 1961-09-13
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 11 jpg
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hoisting machinery
- Construction workers
- Bridges--New Brunswick
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Commemoration
- Bridges--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridge construction--Maine--Lubec
- Bridge construction--Canada--New Brunswick
- Construction equipment
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Bridge
- Interesting perspective
- Roosevelt Campobello International Bridge
- Roosevelt Memorial Bridge
- Unusual perspective
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.