Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
For a century and a half the village of Lubec was separated by only a few hundred yards of water from Campobello Island, Canada. By 1960 work commenced on what would become the President Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. The Lubec waterfront sacrificed some of its structures to make way for the new bridge.
About This Item
- Title: Building demolition for international bridge, Lubec, ca. 1960
- Creation Date: 1960
- Subject Date: 1960
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 4 jpg
- Collection: Bernard Ross
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bridges--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridge construction--Maine--Lubec
- Bridge construction--Canada--New Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.