Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Demolition and clearing of waterfront buildings was necessary before bridge construction began on the new international bridge connecting Lubec to Campobello Island in 1960.
Ferry boats crossed the few hundred yards of water for many decades, eventually carrying automobiles. Not until 1962 was a bridge opened.
About This Item
- Title: Building demolition, Lubec, ca. 1960
- Creation Date: circa 1960
- Subject Date: circa 1960
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 2 jpg
- Collection: Bernard Ross
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bridge construction--Maine--Lubec
- Bridge construction--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridges--Canada--New Brunswick
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.