Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Mead Gould (1839-1930), a native of Portland, was an author and historian. He is shown at about age 21.
He wrote a history of the First-Tenth-Twenty-ninth Maine Regiments of the Civil War, in which he served.
Gould was a banker in Portland after the war.
About This Item
- Title: John Mead Gould, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--People--Gould
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Gould, John Mead, 1839-1930--Portrait photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 10th
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 1st
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 29th
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.