Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Mead Gould (1839-1930), a native of Portland, was an author and historian. He is shown at about age 21.
He wrote a history of the First-Tenth-Twenty-ninth Maine Regiments of the Civil War, in which he served.
Gould was a banker in Portland after the war.
About This Item
- Title: John Mead Gould, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--People--Gould
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Gould, John Mead, 1839-1930--Portrait photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 10th
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 1st
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 29th
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.