Contributed by Waterville Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Central Maine Fair was held in Waterville starting in 1904. The fair organizers tried to maintain a decency level at the Central Maine Fair so that, "the most fastidious," presumably these boys and their mothers, "may attend without fear of being shocked."
In the foreground, a booth is being set up with young boys as onlookers, the next booth has a man setting up a viewer, and across the way a large tent displays the $10,000 dollar French Beauty Show, Honest Bill's Wonder Show, Madam Fremont Queen of Palmists, and a photography tent with old fashioned tintypes made "while you wait."
About This Item
- Title: Central Maine Fair, Waterville, ca. 1905
- Creator: Sawtelle, Frank B.
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Location: Waterville, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Photographic studios--Maine--Waterville
- Exhibit booths--Maine--Waterville
- Agricultural exhibitions--Maine--Waterville
For more information about this item, contact:Waterville Public Library
73 Elm Street, Waterville, ME 04901
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.