Contributed by Waterville Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Central Maine Fair was held in Waterville starting in 1904 on the land that now plays host to the Seton Campus of MaineGeneral. The building in the background is the Exhibition Hall and the foreground has a number of exhibit tents including one for tintypes. The fair was very popular and had attendences of 25 to 30,000 people per day. Along with the booths pictured here the fair was also host to horse racing, livestock competitions and shows, and other entertainments.
About This Item
- Title: Central Maine Fair, Waterville, ca. 1905
- Creator: Sawtelle, Frank B.
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Location: Waterville, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.4 cm x 16.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Agricultural exhibitions--Maine--Waterville
- Exhibit booths--Maine--Waterville
For more information about this item, contact:Waterville Public Library
73 Elm Street, Waterville, ME 04901
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.