Contributed by Waterville Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On June 24, 1902, Waterville put on a parade as the culminating event to its centennial celebration. The parade traveled down Main Street, where it is here pictured, and featured local officials, members of the military, businesses, and actors depicting the values Waterville officials held dear. The entire parade route went from Elm, Center, Pleasant, Western, Elm, Spring, Gold, Main, Water, Silver, and Main Streets, College Avenue, Depot Square, Main and Elm Streets, and finished at Monument Park.
About This Item
- Title: Parade in Waterville during the centennial celebration, 1902
- Creator: Sawtelle, Frank B.
- Creation Date: 1902-06-24
- Subject Date: 1902-06-24
- Town: Waterville
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 12.6 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Floats (Parade)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Waterville
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Waterville
- Waterville (Me.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Main Street (Waterville, Me.)
- Parades & processions--Maine--Waterville
- Carts & wagons
For more information about this item, contact:Waterville Public Library
73 Elm Street, Waterville, ME 04901
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.