Contributed by Waterville Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
During the 1902 Centennial Celebration in Waterville, the newly built City Hall got decked out in bunting in celebration of Waterville's history. The brick building replaced the earlier City Hall, a wooden structure which became the city's armory. The new version featured office space on the first floor and an opera house on the top floor.
About This Item
- Title: Waterville City Hall during the centennial celebration, 1902
- Creator: Sawtelle, Frank B.
- Creation Date: 1902
- Subject Date: 1902
- Town: Waterville
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.2 cm x 17.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Waterville
- Waterville (Me.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- City & town halls--Maine--Waterville
For more information about this item, contact:Waterville Public Library
73 Elm Street, Waterville, ME 04901
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.