Contributed by Swan's Island Educational Society
Listen to the conversation
Albert Buswell talks about "sheep shearing time" when he was a boy on his family farm on Swan's Island in the 1940s.
This interview was created and produced by Meghan Vigeant in 2010.
About This Item
- Title: Albert Buswell telling about sheep shearing on Swans Island, ca. 1940
- Creator: Swan's Island Historical Society
- Creation Date: 2010
- Subject Date: 1940 - 1949
- Local Name: Minturn
- Town: Swan's Island
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Mp3
- Collection: Islanders at Work
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Animal husbandry--Maine--Swans Island
- Farming--Maine--Swans Island
- Humorous stories
- Personal narratives (Swans Island, Me.)
- Sheep shearing--Maine--Swans Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Educational Society
c/o Swan's Island Historical Society, POB 86, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.