Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Lucy E. Barlowe of the Gorham Ladies Aid Society wrote to Leonard Watson, Maine Agency Sanitary Commission in Washington, D.C., listing the contents of a box the society sent for soldiers.
The supplies included canned goods, fruit and clothing.
About This Item
- Title: Gorham Ladies Aid donation letter, 1864
- Creator: Barlowe, Lucy E.
- Creation Date: 1864-05-19
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: Gorham
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21.3 cm x 13.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1533, Box 1/3
- Collection: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission records
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- United States Sanitary Commission
- Gorham Ladies Aid Society (Gorham, Me.)
- Women--Societies and clubs--Maine--Gorham
- Leonard, Watson--Correspondence
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Civilian relief
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.