Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Lucy E. Barlowe of the Gorham Ladies Aid Society wrote to Leonard Watson, Maine Agency Sanitary Commission in Washington, D.C., listing the contents of a box the society sent for soldiers.
The supplies included canned goods, fruit and clothing.
About This Item
- Title: Gorham Ladies Aid donation letter, 1864
- Creator: Barlowe, Lucy E.
- Creation Date: 1864-05-19
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: Gorham
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21.3 cm x 13.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1533, Box 1/3
- Collection: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission records
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- United States Sanitary Commission
- Gorham Ladies Aid Society (Gorham, Me.)
- Women--Societies and clubs--Maine--Gorham
- Leonard, Watson--Correspondence
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Civilian relief
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.