Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Josiah Remick of Saco enlisted as a commissary sergeant in Co. S of the Maine 17th Infantry Regiment on July 15, 1862 when he was 27.
He was promoted to full quartermaster on Nov. 8, 1862 and was mustered out on June 4, 1865, along with the rest of the regiment.
About This Item
- Title: Josiah Remick, 17th Maine, ca. 1862
- Creator: B.F. Smith & Son, Portland
- Creation Date: 1862
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Saco
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Carte de visite
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Carte de visite album
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Remick, Josiah--Portrait photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.