Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Granville Sparrow, who had served as Captain in Co. B of the 17th Maine Infantry Volunteers, received a 17th Maine Regiment Association medal that proclaims, "Fredericksburg to Appomattox 1862 to 1865."
The regiment served for three years and fought in over 30 engagements.
About This Item
- Title: Capt. Sparrow's 17th Maine medal, ca. 1866
- Creation Date: circa 1866
- Subject Date: circa 1866
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Metal
- Local Code: 1998.453.38
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sparrow, Granville Fontaine, 1837-1907--Associated objects
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.