Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
From left, Richard M. Nixon shakes hands with Guy P. Gannett, publisher of the Portland Press Herald and head of Gannett Publications. Patricia Nixon and Fred Scribner are looking on.
Nixon, a California Republican, was elected vice president in 1952 and again in 1956, running with Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Nixon was elected president in 1968 and re-elected in 1972.
About This Item
- Title: Nixons and Guy P. Gannett, 1952
- Creation Date: 1952
- Subject Date: 1952
- Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2010, Box 14/3
- Collection: Guy Gannett Foundation collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- First Ladies--United States
- Gannett Publishing Co. (Me.)
- President's wives--United States
- Presidents--United States
- Publishers--United States
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.