Contributed by Maine State Archives
A colorful trademark label for canned "deep sea" lobster, with an image of a lobster. The label contains a reference to apparently winning a gold medal in Paris in 1878.
This trademark label was submitted to the Maine Secretary of State in 1891 in order to obtain legal protection for the design.
About This Item
- Title: Burnham and Morrill Red Jacket lobster label
- Creator: Burnham and Morrill Company
- Creation Date: 1891-01-19
- Subject Date: 1891-01-19
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 27.5 cm x 23.7 cm
- Local Code: tmlobste
- Collection: Secretary of State Company Trademarks
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.