Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This snow sweeper arrived from the Russell Plant in 1920 at the Cumberland County Power and Light Co. (Portland Railroad Co.). Portland Railroad had four of these snow sweepers, 01-04 which swept street railway tracks down to the pavement.
About This Item
- Title: Snow sweeper No. 01 of the Portland Railroad Company, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Portland Street Railroad fl. 12
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Electric railroads--Maine--Portland
- Street-railroads--Snow sweepers--Maine
- Portland Railroad Co. (Me.)
- Cumberland County Power & Light Co. (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.