Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This view is a glimpse of a typical summer scene in Boothbay Harbor caused by rough weather -- the mackerel fleet sheltering in the harbor outside Harbor Island, at right.
The vantage is from the Menawarmet Hotel wharf looking southwest.
About This Item
- Title: Mackerel fleet, Boothbay Harbor, ca. 1894
- Creator: McDougall, F. H.
- Creation Date: circa 1894
- Subject Date: circa 1894
- Town: Boothbay
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Boothbay
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.