Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The map shows 50 acres laid out for Acter Patten of Topsham.
This manuscript map was made for the Pejepscot Company. Map number 41 probably was added later by John McKeen, Clerk for the Company.
Scale [1:7920] 40 poles to one inch.
About This Item
- Title: Acter Patten map, Topsham, Nov. 9, 1765
- Creator: Merrill, John
- Creation Date: 1765-11-09
- Subject Date: 1765-11-09
- Town: Topsham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Colored pen and paper
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 41
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cathance River (Me.)--Maps
- Land companies
- Land grants
- Land settlement
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- Real property
- Topsham (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.