Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map showing land laid out for William Patten on behalf of the Pejepscot Proprietors within their land grant. This is a copy of the Belcher Noyes map.
The northern section of the Cathance River, depicted here, is present day Bowdoinham.
Scale [1:7920] 40 poles to one inch.
About This Item
- Title: William Patten's land, Topsham, 1771
- Creator: McKechnie, John
- Creation Date: 1771-04-12
- Subject Date: 1771-04-12
- Town: Bowdoinham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 48
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bowdoinham (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Cathance River (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies
- Land grants
- Land settlement
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- Real property
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.