Contributed by Strong Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A truck loaded with wooden shipping boxes proved to be too much for the wire suspension bridge and crashed through to the riverbank below.
About This Item
- Title: Cargo truck accident, Strong, ca. 1915
- Creator: Lewis, Lester Royal
- Creation Date: 1915-10-02
- Subject Date: 1915-10-02
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Local Code: ED.01.103.974
- Collection: L. R. Lewis Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Truck accidents--Maine--Strong
- Traffic accidents--Maine--Strong
- Suspension bridges--Maine--Strong
- Run-off-the-road accidents--Maine--Strong
- Bridge failures--Maine--Strong
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.