Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Company, Portland, Maine began by building steam locomotives for a burgeoning railroad industry. In its historical archives are many albumin photographs of steam locomotives built by the Portland Company, or otherwise associated. This locomotive is shown at the Portland Company waterfront site circa 1880.
About This Item
- Title: Railroad locomotive 'Worcester', ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Albumen print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 38 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 37-53
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Worcester (Locomotive)--Photograph
- Railroad locomotives--United States--Maine--Portland--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.