Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Portland Company produced steam engines by the hundreds. This engine was shop #323 and was delivered Tuesday, April 24, 1877 and 4 p.m. This engine was built for the Maine Central Railroad. The William G. Davis No. 63 was a standard-gauge engine.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Central Railroad's engine 'William G. Davis', 1877
- Creation Date: 1877-04-24
- Subject Date: 1877-04-24
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Albumen print
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 39 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 33-44
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine Central Railroad--Photographs
- Railroad locomotive industries--Maine--Portland
- Railroad locomotives--United States--Maine--Portland--Photographs
- William G. Davis (Locomotive)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.