Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Portland Company built hundreds of steam engines in the 1800s. Each engine was given a shop number (this is shop #524) and a photograph was taken at the time of the delivery, in this case April 2nd at 3 p.m., 1884.
About This Item
- Title: Train 4 of the Maine Central Railroad
- Creation Date: 1884-04-02
- Subject Date: 1884-04-02
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Albumen print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 40 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 33-70
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine Central Railroad--Photographs
- Railroad locomotive industry--Maine--Portland
- Railroad locomotives--Maine--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.