Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This steam engine is shown near the Back Cove in Portland.
The Portland Company built the engine for the Grand Trunk Railroad.
About This Item
- Title: Grand Trunk Railroad engine 255, Portland, ca. 1870
- Creation Date: circa 1870
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Albumen print
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 36 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 33/66
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Grand Trunk Railroad--Photographs
- Railroad locomotive industry--Maine--Portland
- Railroad locomotives--United States--Maine--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.