Contributed by Maine Historical Society
July 29, 1980 at Rumford's Boise Cascade paper mill found union workers on strike.
Nine pickets were arrested as they attempted to block pulp and chip trucks delivering loads to the mill.
About This Item
- Title: United Paperworkers International strike, Rumford, 1980
- Creator: United Press International
- Creation Date: 1980-07-29
- Subject Date: 1980-07-29
- Town: Rumford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 3/2
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boise Cascade Paper Mill (Me.)--Photographs
- Kennebec Journal
- Labor unions--Maine--Rumford
- Paper industry--Maine--Rumford
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.