Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Women in the packing room at the Portland Company with wooden boxes for 108 mm howitzer shell casings for the war effort during World War I. The casings were packed two in a box and shipped out in 1917-1918.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Company employees, ca. 1917
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40/12
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Ordnance industry--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company (Me.)--Employees--Women--Photographs
- Steel industry--Maine--Portland--Employees--Photographs
- World War, 1914-1918--Participation, Female--Photographs
- World War, 1914-1918--War work--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.